IOTA Australia provides a great high-quality range of pots and planters that designers and landscapers would really love working with. Our pots and planters require less maintenance since they are made of high-quality materials that are durable and weatherproof. But in the long run, the colour and finish of the planters may slowly fade and become worn out.
This happens even on high-quality planters so to avoid such occurrences, here are some ideas on how you can sustain the elegant and stylish looks of your containers.
Best time for Cleaning your Gardening Pots and Planters
- The best time to clean gardening pots and planters is during springtime before planting or during the last days of fall as you start removing dead and dying plants.
How to Clean your Containers:
– Physically remove dirt that clings inside and outside of the planters. If you are using the planters indoor, you can use a damp cloth to wipe the exterior of the planter. For outdoor use, you can use a warm soapy solution and a soft sponge. After doing so, rinse them thoroughly with clean water until the solution is gone.
– You can use a high-quality wax for a glossy finish. This will also add protection from dirt and it can prolong the lifespan of your planters.
– Same with the fiberglass planters, remove the dirt inside and outside of the planter. For GRC products, it can be cleaned with a damp cloth and gentle/mild soap-based cleaning products. Make sure that you won’t be using any abrasive cleaning products!
– For this kind of planters, you can use a soap solution and a brush with stiff bristles to remove dirt. Also, make sure to rinse it thoroughly afterward.
For all types of pots and planters, if you have plants and soil outside through-out winter, it is really a good thing to change the soil for the upcoming spring. Plants surely enjoy new nutrient-rich soils.
Cleaning of your pots and planters is one of the works that need to be done in a regular manner to avoid serious damage. It can surely enhance the lifespan of your planters as well as sustain the elegant and stylish looks of it.
If you have any other ideas, make sure to share it with us!