The walkway is one area that is often ignored when designing or renovating. We say never underestimate the appeal of pathways. A great pathway can define the different areas of your landscape while also connecting and unifying them.
Having a great walkway leading to your home or office will leave a great first impression.
Here are Some Ideas on How to Enhance Your Walkway
- Use shrubs. You can line your pathways with shrubs heading towards your main door. Trim your shrubs to create a great perspective of your whole landscape. If you only have a hardscape and no soil to plant in, you can use pots and planters to add the plants.
- If you have a “nature-themed” landscape, you can use large unhoned stones to add appeal and character to your walkways.
- Make your entryway welcoming. Removing any clutter and repainting would be a step in the right direction. Adding flowers and other ornamentals can give dimension and provide a good ambiance to your entrance.
- Adding lighting can make for a nice touch on your pathway. You can use solar-powered LED lights to save on energy costs.
- Be on top of your lawn maintenance. Trim the grass, remove weeds and clean up. Your visitors would appreciate it.
- Observe your pathway and look for anything that would make for a good focal point. Highlight it. Eye-catching architectural details should never be hidden.
- Clean up. Keep your walkways and other hardscaped areas clean. Use a pressure washer to remove grime.
Enhancing your walkways isn’t that difficult. Think outside of the box and put your creativity to work. Put yourself in your visitor’s shoes, try walking on your walkways while looking around. What would you do differently?