A trough planter or tall planter is a great way to add some greenery to your client’s outdoor space if you’re a landscaper or architect. You can find the perfect planter for any space with these versatile planters in a variety of shapes and sizes.
A Versatile Garden with Trough Planters
In addition to being long and shallow, trough planters are perfect for growing greeneries. They can be placed along the edges of a patio or balcony to maximize space. There are a variety of materials available for trough planters, including concrete and fiberglass so you can find the right one to match the design theme.
The following tips will help you use trough planters in your designs:
- Plant your greeneries in a location that receives plenty of sunlight.
- Drain the trough by lining it with gravel or broken pottery.
- For a full appearance, fill the planter with a high-quality potting mix and plant your greeneries close together.
Tall Planters for Height and Drama
You can use tall planters to frame an entrance or doorway or place them in a corner to add visual interest. Tall planters come in various styles, from sleek and modern to more traditional.
You can use tall planters in your designs by following these tips:
- You should choose a tall planter that complements your client’s existing decor or architecture.
- Choose plants that will add height and interest to the space and use a tall planter as a focal point.
- Create a dynamic, eye-catching display by mixing plants with different heights and textures.
A Cohesive Design using Troughs and Tall Planters
Using troughs and tall planters can also create a cohesive design with form and function. For example, you could place a row of trough planters along the edge of a patio and a few tall planters at regular intervals for height and interest.
Here are some tips for combining troughs and tall planters:
- To tie the planters together, choose a common material or style.
- Create a dynamic, layered look by varying the height of the trough and tall planters.
- To create a cohesive, harmonious display, mix plants in both types of planters.
Artful Union of Nature and Design
Embracing both trough and tall planters can fundamentally enhance the aesthetics and functionality of any outdoor space. They offer versatility in design and breathe life into areas, making them lively and vibrant. By following the tips provided, landscapers and gardeners can seamlessly integrate these planters, tailoring them to meet individual client preferences and the unique characteristics of the space. Ultimately, these planters are more than just containers; they are transformative elements that meld nature with architecture, creating harmonious and captivating outdoor oases. Whether used individually or in tandem, troughs, and tall planters stand as a testament to the power of thoughtful landscaping in shaping our surroundings.