This Week on Landscape Design:
- Street Wisdom – Do you have it in you?
- Designers were asked to visualize a redesign for Toronto Ferry Terminal and Waterfront Park. Check out the results.
- Good ol’ marketing strategy saves national parks. Find out how.
- Landscape Architect Kate Orff heads University of Columbia’s urban design program
- Fernando Casado and Paula Garcia – the couple on a mission to collect stories of inspiring citizen lead initiatives that support more people-focused cities.
On Industry News:
- Melbourne-based landscape architect Nathan Burkett is the winner of the Melbourne Show Garden Gold Medal with his living pergola
- A new apartment building equipped with LED lamps that predict and display weather conditions
- Living in the clouds is the new way of living
- Life Cycle Assessment becomes the driving force for the Design Build Industry’s sustainability Agenda.
On Industry Events:
- August 15 – October 11: Interface: People, Machine, Design – Exhibition, Sydney
- February 27 – April 26: CUSP: Designing into the Next Decade – Exhibition, Mornington Peninsula
- February 28 to December 31: Nordic Cool: Modernist Design – Exhibition, Melbourne
- April 7: Barangaroo Point – Vision to Reality – Talk, Melbourne