This Week on Landscape Design:
- James Corner: The Landscape Rock star and his $32 million Public Square makeover. Read full story here.
- Peak Experience – A flexible, culturally-unique and educational multi-use playful terrain inspired by San Francisco’s topography was installed on Market Street which provides a diverse platform for community engagement. Check it out in this post.
- Landscape and Child Development: Find out what makes a good play area for children.
- Boston Living with Water: International competition calls for ideas responding to sea level rise in Boston. Read more.
- Finding the right person for the right job. What is the key to recognizing the right person?Find out here
On Industry News:
- Construction industry calls for help after building firm Tagara collapse.Read the full story here.
- Green Roofs: how does it affect water quality while saving money?
- The silent war: Find out what it takes for an architect to earn the builder’s respect?
- Call for Creative Director: 2016 International Festival of Landscape Architecture. Check out this post
- The Future of Landscape Architecture: Is it the career for you? Check it out in this post.
On Industry Events:
- 6 July – Indigenous Cultural Landscapes| Talk| VIC
- 6 July to 7 July – 8th Making Cities Liveable| Symposium | VIC
- 9 July – Caring for Country| Talk | NT
- 9 July – LA’s for Better Futures| Talk |NT
- 9 July – Furnitex Connect| Trade Show |Melbourne
- 10 July to 12 July – Garden Expo| Trade Show | QLD
- 14 July – Soils Winter Workshop| Workshop |Melbourne