This Week on Landscape Design
- Find out how a landfill called “Mountain of Crap” is turned into a lovely park
- Quality of food is relative to how the crops are grown. Let’s take a look at how local farmers grow our food.
- Here are some new ideas on how to decorate with plants.
- HuffPost interviews British-Iraqi architect Dame Zaha Hadid: “If You Want an Easy Life, Don’t Be an Architect.”
- German architect and engineer Frei Otto has been awarded the 2015 Pritzker Prize just before passing away.
On Industry News:
- Plan unveiled for 200 hectare “super park” in Sydney. Expect 15,000 trees, four kilometers of bike and walking paths, playgrounds, a gum tree forest and a cafe
- Vienna’s 84-metre timber structure to dethrone Melbourne’s Forte which stands at 32 metres as the world’s tallest timber structure
- National Gallery of Victoria to be transformed into a leading international hub for design
- A ‘soft touch’ façade is featured at Queens Domain, a project by DKO Architecture