This Week on Landscape Design:
- See how Seattle layers nature and infrastructure. This is the first part of a series of posts.
- Free the Bears, a group which fights illegal live bear trade, opened a store made of bamboo. Check it out in this post.
- Renowned architect Sou Fujimoto talks about applying natural infrastructure to urban design.
- Will India’s 100 smart cities become a recipe for social apartheid? Will it keep out the poor?
- Markets are a hotbed for different kinds of people. Check out these 7 modern marketplaces.
On Industry News:
- Small details can make a world of difference. See how a small roof addition helped this cottage.
- Floating multi-coloured glass tower at NewLife church is the new centerpiece of this community in NSW. Check it out.
- Check out how a house made of water can help save energy.
- There is a recent influx of architecture criticisms. Are they accurate or just plain hogwash? Why should you care? Read on.
- Are holograms the future of design and architecture? Check out this post.